 From: Andre Cusson <acusson@01COMMUNICATIONS.com>
To: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: NOAA & StratML

Hi Owen, Everyone,

The NOAA2010 StratML document has been converted to StratML Part2 as
    well as added and rendered to its respective Web site (1085+) on the
    StratML portal, at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/NOAA2010.html

As usual, all StratML documents are also available for editing, in
    preloaded StratML Part2 forms, from the "Edit" link beside the
    corresponding entry in the alphabetical StratML document list at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/documents.html.

The other StratML portal indexes have also been updated accordingly,
    as well as the stakeholders and statistics pages, respectively at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/stakeholders.html
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/statistics.html

Regards,

Andre Cusson
514 583 0601
01 COMMUNICATIONS

>Dear Webmaster at NOAA, Gannon Dick’s message prompted me to convert to StratML format NOAA’s Next-Generation Strategic Plan, for inclusion in our collection at http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/drybridge/index.htm#NOAA or, more specifically, http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/carmel/NOAA2010wStyle.xml
>
>The vision of the StratML standard (ANSI/AIIM 21:2009 & 22:2011) is:  A worldwide web of intentions, stakeholders, and results.  Its more explicit purposes are outlined at http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/index.htm#DefinitionPurposes
>
>As you may know, section 10 of the GPRA Modernization Act (GPRAMA) requires agencies to publish their strategic and performance plans and reports in machine-readable format, like StratML.  In addition, clauses 202(b)(4) & (5) of the eGov Act require agencies to work together to link their performance goals to key groups, including citizens, businesses, and other governments, as well as internal Federal Government operations.
>
>NOAA has done a pretty good job of indentifying its stakeholders and particularly its partners.  Now they are documented in open, standard, machine-readable StratML format.  It will be good when partnering organizations are cross-referencing their complementary objectives and performance indicators in their respective plans and reports.  The stratml:Relationship element can be used to document such relationships.
>
>If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know.
>
>Owen Ambur
>Chair, AIIM StratML Committee
>Co-Chair Emeritus, xml.gov CoP
>Communications/Membership Director, FIRM
>Former Project Manager, ET.gov
>Invited Expert, W3C eGov IG

                Spanish version of the forecast fails with the diacritic
                in MLK Day

>in FireFox: <start-valid-time
                period-name="D&iacute;a de
                M.L.King">2013-01-21T06:00:00-04:00</start-valid-time>

>from: http://www.rustprivacy.org/2013/egov/penserv/get-ichar.html
                "iacute" = &x0026;#x00ED;

>The forecast is:
>http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Ponce&state=PR&site=SJU&textField1=17.9871&textField2=-66.6091&e=1&FcstType=dwml&lg=sp
>
>Maybe you want to do them a favour and point out the bug
                with a StratML sales pitch :-)