Re: W3C eGov Meeting on Open Data: 16 November 2012

Hi everyone,

I don't think my suggestions last month came through for some reason, so
sorry for the re-post.  I am interested in seeing some discussion of the
use of e-gov ICTs in environments outside the US and Europe that are
relatively new digital players.  For example, Tunisia with a new government
and constitution, or Burma with recent elections and a more open online
space, or other places that have entrenched problems such as corruption,
human rights abuse or ongoing conflict where e-gov or open data projects
could be part of the solution.

3 examples which have good and bad points:
http://theglobalobservatory.org/analysis/371-a-new-tool-for-influencing-policy-the-children-and-armed-conflict-app.html
a Kenyan version of the UK's They Work for
You<http://www.theyworkforyou.com/>
http://info.mzalendo.com/
http://www.africa4all-project.eu/  (citizen -- parliament dialogue)

Brand may have already suggested a similar topic from the semantic web
perspective.  My experience comes from crowdsourcing. What can the wealth
of knowledge and creative capacity from the group share with e-gov
developers in new environments facing significant challenges?

regards,
Gwyneth

--
Gwyneth Sutherlin