From: Tim Davies <tim@practicalparticipation.co.uk<mailto:tim@practicalparticipation.co.uk>>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:18:10 +0000
To: <paoladimaio10@googlemail.com<mailto:paoladimaio10@googlemail.com>>
Cc: "eGov IG (Public)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-egov-ig@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Tools for eGovernance

Just a quick pointer to an interesting Working Draft from the IETF on Remote Participation:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-rps-reqs/?include_text=1

As IETF highlight, and as is mirrored by my experience last week trying to remote participate in the Internet Governance Forum, which has also worked hard to support remote panelists and participation, the right mix of tools and practices to support remote participation in face-to-face meetings, and effective cross-platform online-only meetings, currently still seem somewhat elusive.

There has been the suggestion in past Internet Governance Forum discussions on Remote Participation that it would be good to have a shared project between a number of conferences / fora which have a governance function to develop shared tools, principles and guidance for e-Participation in meetings - but as yet nothing has come of this. Perhaps it's something that could have connections to the eGov meeting.

All the best

Tim