Tools for eGovernance

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:47:39 +0000
To: "eGov IG (Public)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
just a quick household note

I may have asked this before, apologies for repetition

I find it hard to understand why the calls are not broadcast using some
webex type application
( anymeeting.com  is free and works well and there are others)

While when I am based at the office I have free calls to most countries and
can easily spend hours on the phone
without breaking the budget for this effort however when I travel (which in
the last few months has been a constant and it is likely to get worse)
it's difficult, expensive and not always possible to get on the phone long
distance.

This means I cannot volunteer to scribe (I am sure it would be my turn at
some point)

I must say that I have the same observation for other similar events, for
example I could not attend in person
yesterday the #sw2022 session at #iswc2012 ,  so sorry I am missing the
opportunity to meet in person so many of you!!

Slides
http://www.slideshare.net/PaolaDIM/sw10-yearslides
Voiceover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9bqBBJNIF4&list=UUcxJu04fCSkU9x1e7BwYYHQ&index=2&feature=plcp

I would have expected a virtual connection to present remotely and take
part in the panel discussion remotely, but apparently this was not even
contemplated by the organisers

the bottom line is: how can we eGovern ourselves, without adopting the
necessary eGovernance tools?

This brings up another possible topic for discussion, 'Principles and Tools
 for eGovernance' (sine qua non)

I d love to present a topic or two, and to scribe, when the facilities are
available

In the meantime, keep it growing :-)

Cheers

PDM