Re: what do you mean, e-gov?

All,

I'm sorry that Paola is feeling on her own. I do not think that should be
the case.

This debate arose because some members assumed that e-democracy was part of
the definition of e-government. I stirred the mess by leading it into a
definition of e-democracy etc.Having spent a number of years examining the
definitions I knew there were issues as to how people viewed e-government

Steve took us back to his original definition of e-government which focused
on services. I admire Paola's stand that e-democracy (and thus democracy)
must be components of any definition the group use.

I would like to support Paola's move to a more transformational definition
but I believe if we stick to the orginial one we can carry on, and by using
good applications, improve services and ultimately democratic
participation. Government, ouside of a revolutionary situation, is reactive
not proactive and that reaction needs to be developed.

We just need to be clear which defintion we are using and what those words
mean to us all (currently), the rest will have to be encouraged ny
providing guidance/best practice.

Mick

--
Mick Phythian PhD