technical web standards for eGov

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:59:35 +0100
To: "eGov IG (Public)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Now, having Gannon send a file that the browser cannot open brings up
another issue, which may be more general to SW.

Should we, as a W3C IG  ensure that (at least one version of) data
files and docs  re e-Gov shared via the web are  at a minimum,
accessible via web based technologies (I know the browser, is there
anything else that is used to navigate the web these days that I may
not know of?)  and do not require physical data downloads?

When people send me dumps expect me to download stuff
then they call it SW I cannot honestly believe this is where we are
(sorry if I missed some important updates)