Re: [DataGov-DEV] Updated Microdata to RDF Working Draft

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:27:46 -0500
To: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet
<scorlosquet@gmail.com> wrote:
> There was an announcement on the schema.org blog a few months ago [4]. See
> also the pre-announcement as the RDFa WG was making alignments for
> schema.org [5]. And more recently with the launch of GoodRelations on
> schema.org [6]: "Effective immediately, the GoodRelations vocabulary is
> directly available from within the schema.org site for use with both HTML5
> Microdata and RDFa".

Yes I remember seeing those. Still, the examples and instructions at
schema.org are all in Microdata. And, as you point out, the
GoodRelations says Microdata *and* RDFa. It's not like schema.org
partners are saying they will no longer support Microdata.

> Last month during their schema.org update session at ISWC [7], Peter Mika
> (Yahoo!) and Alexander Shubin (Yandex) promised some RDFa examples on
> schema.org as part of the upcoming improvements to the schema.org
> infrastructure.

Very good to hear. Still, I don't think this support for both means
people should make it sound like the US government supports one over
the other at this point.

//Ed