Re: W3C eGov Meeting on Open Data: 14 December 2012

From: Chris Beer <chris@codex.net.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 23:31:31 +1100
To: bd@handspicker.net, "Holm, Jeanne M (1760)" <jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov>
Cc: "eGov IG (Public)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, Hudson Hollister <hudson.hollister@datacoalition.org>, Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>, Alvaro Graves <alvaro.graves@gmail.com>
(I'm in a drinking establishment for a late night yule-tide work related function atm, but if I was a chair, I would only sanction this if you could produce a two-tiered effect shrubbery as penance

(For those not familar with the Monty Python reference from Brian (IRONY!!), google "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", buy it, watch and laugh :) . Of particular relevance to the group - the scene in the movie which establishes that supreme governing power cannot be bestowed on an individual via a farcical aquatic ceremony in which a sodden maiden throws a magical sword at you, but rather is indeed derived via a mandate given by the masses in some sort of democratic voting process.)

I shall be quiet now and return to festive activities.

Sent from Samsung Mobile"Brian D. Handspicker" <bd@handspicker.net> wrote:All, I am supposed to scribe today but I am still out recovering from
kidney stone surgery. To quote Monty Python "I'm not dead yet", but not
quite well yet either. Can someone else take on the scribe duties?

> Hi all
> Just a reminder.  Phil Archer and Bernadette Hyland will be chairing
> tomorrow's meeting as I will be on a flight.  Thanks!
> Jeanne
> Hi all--
> Our next meeting on open data will be this Friday, 14 December from
> 8:00-9:30 am Los Angeles time (World Time Clock:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W3C+eGov+Interest+Group%3A+Western&iso=20121214T08&p1=783&ah=1&am=30<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W3C+eGov+Interest+Group%3A+Western&iso=20121116T08&p1=137&ah=1&am=30>)
> We have some exciting speakers—join us on Friday!
> Agenda
>   *   The DATA Act (Hudson Hollister)
>   *   Creating Visualizations Using Linked Government Data (Alvaro
> Graves)
>   *   Community Directory coordination with Linked Data
> Group<http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary>
> (Bernadette Hyland)
>   *   Scribe: Brian Handspicker
> To connect:
>   1.  Dial: +1-617-761-6200 or
> sip:zakim@voip.w3.org<mailto:zakim@voip.w3.org> then conference code
> 3468# ("EGOV#")
>   2.  W3C IRC channel #egov, see IRC Information page
> <http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/> or use the Web interface
> <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=egov>
>   3.  Archive of information and agenda at
> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Main_Page
> --Jeanne
> Jeanne Holm
> Evangelist, Data.gov<http://Data.gov>
> U.S. General Services Administration
> Cell: (818) 434-5037
> Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn: JeanneHolm

Brian D. Handspicker
Managing Partner
PracticalMarkets, LLC

Email: bd@handspicker.net
Website: bd.handspicker.net
Weblog: bd.handspicker.net/blog
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bdhandspicker

Albany Regional Office:
243 Union Street, Suite 209
North Adams, MA 01247 US

Boston Regional Office:
215 Ayer Road, Suite 233
Harvard MA 01451 US

This is a private correspondence from Brian D. Handspicker. Some of my
messages are sent using mailing lists. If the "to" field in this message
is blank or displays "undisclosed recipients" I sent this messages using a
mailing list. CLICK HERE<mailto:bd@handspicker.net?subject=REMOVE> if you
wish to be removed from my mailing list.