Re: systemic transformative e-governance

Paola and Tomasz,

I like your approach.

To me e-Gov is Total Governance using ICT Tools. It should encompass every
facet of life and make things easy, flexible, timely, transparent and
accountable from birth to death or womb to tomb!

It should cover the entire community of users - governments, organizations
and citizens. It should have a geographic distribution covering all
geographic areas from the global / national level to the last community
living in village / hamlet.

It should cover specific individual information as well as  demographics
(geographic and functional activities) in verticals such as  - health,
medical, housing, water, sanitation, food, cultivation, animal husbandry,
natural resources, clothing, education, skill training,  employment, social
security, entertainment, transport, communication, banking, economy,
culture, arts, science, etc. bottom up from the village to the national /
global level.

Every transaction of every individual and organization must be captured
indelibly online, maintaining a certain level of anonymity and at the same
time ensuring traceability, transparency and accountability. Nothing should
be hidden from the eyes of the public and any wrong action should be traced
to the individual / organization. All citizens should be treated equal as
far as their duties and rights are concerned and should be able to
participate in every activity of governance from the local to the national
/ global level.

An e-Platform integrate the various organizations (governments,
institutions and organizations) on the one hand as service providers and
citizens as service seekers on the other hand for carrying out all G2G, G2C
or B2C or B2B transactions. All transactions can be tracked and integrated
for enhanced service delivery. A mapping of resource availability and
actual need can be done and the gap ascertained for bridging from the
village to the national / global level. This would empower every citizen
however remote they may be physically, economically, socially, etc.

An e-Platform was developed using open source tools for adoption by a few
organizations on a trial basis. It met with partial success. But there was
resistance to change particularly transparency and accountability. This can
be overcome by motivation, education, wide spread adoption and suitable
laws.

More details of the e-Administration Tool and its implementation can be
shared if anyone is interested.

Kris Dev
ICT & e-Gov Consultant
Life Line to Business