Re: Data Catalog Standards - current status?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 19:01:30 -0400
To: Philip Ashlock <phil@openplans.org>
Cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org
On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 18:02 -0400, Philip Ashlock wrote:
> It looks like it's been almost a year since there's been much activity
> on the Data Catalog Vocabulary and related resources. Can anyone brief
> me on the current state of those efforts? What's the most developed or
> stabilized at the moment? Is there anything that should be done to
> help recharge the working group?

We're still preparing to launch the W3C Government Linked Data (GLD)
Working Group, which will be chartered to take this work on to becoming
a W3C Recommendation.  I'm currently expecting that group to launch on
May 1, but there are a few more hurdles, and until it's approved by the
W3C Advisory Committee, I can't promise anything.

Perhaps others can speak to any technical work happening while in the
meantime.

     -- Sandro