Examples and a Use Case for Multi-channel delivery

From: Andrew Boyd <facibus@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:13:28 +1000
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
All,

A request, noting that the Use Case list at
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Use_Cases contains case code 13
Multi-channel delivery.

I am currently working on behalf of an Australian Government
organisation that provides a variety of information, interaction and
transaction services across a number of channels (online, on-call,
on-paper, onsite, with current explorations into on-the-go). They want
to move from siloed service delivery, often fragmented by client
segment and channel, to a client-friendly integrated model that
facilitates self-service via the online channel wherever
possible/practical.

The question: is there a good/better/best practice example in cross-
and multi-channel delivery in government? Ideally, this would be a
large organisation with complex content and multiple distinct audience
segments, where online has become the preferred and expected channel,
in the finance/treasury/customs space.

If you belong to an organisation that has successfully undertaken a
program of this nature, or you know of one, I would love to hear from
you. In return, if it is acceptable, I would like to work with
respondents to create a multi-channel delivery use case.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd