From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
To: Mike Norton <xsideofparadise@yahoo.com>
Cc: Chris Beer <chris@e-beer.net.au>
Sent: Fri, January 28, 2011 7:45:56 PM
Subject: Re: Education and Web Development

Hi Mike,

I had a astounding idea (if I do say so myself).  What if ... you were able to
value Government work the same way it's done in the Commercial world ?  I tried
to bait the Mate (see below), but I guess he doesn't get it.

Anyway, I'd like to know what you think:  Imagine that a "day" is a 50 meter
pool and you have daily 35 meter races, and once every four years the Gregorian
Calendar Nazi's come along and add a meter (leap meter) to the pool length.  No
big deal really, you only ever use 35 meters, maybe 37 some days, meh.  In other
words what if the day was a little squishy ... both a sun dial and a watch are
machines which measure twice distance then tell you average.  What happens is
ditl-UTC2.pdf (attached).  Also the other pdf.  You know what an Annuity (house
mortgage, etc).  There is also a thing called Perpetuity (a steady growth).
Days are a Perpetuity (use this one, get another tomorrow).  Annuities are
summed at infinity so they don't match "simple interest".  The squishy seconds
idea gives you the hard numbers to calculate simple interest.  To make a long
story short, accountants are religious people who are praying that the end of
the world is not a leap
year or that it ends before Feb. 29th.

The there are lots of other really cool stuff.  It's as if you had a local copy
of E=mc^2 (actually it's E= m(f+g)^-4).  If Governments get it, I think it will
be huge.

What do you think ?

--Gannon