Data Catalog vocabulary (dcat) question

From: David James <djames@sunlightfoundation.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:36:29 -0500
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Hello,

I'm looking at the dcat vocabulary (http://vocab.deri.ie/dcat). The overview diagram does not show any relation between Catalog Record and Dataset. This seems like an oversight to me. A Catalog Record needs to point to the Dataset that it describes. If this change makes sense, then I would also make another suggestion: a Catalog does not need to point directly to a Dataset. Instead it points to Catalog Records, which in turn point to Datasets.

Also, a small suggestion for the web page writeup: When it comes to listing "recent changes" I would suggest that we list the date of the change. (http://data.fundacionctic.org/vocab/catalog/datasets.html does this)

Thanks,
David

--
David James