Jurisdiction Model (was Re: Government Linked Data Working Group Charter)

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:23:20 -0800 (PST)
To: "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
> It should be stressed that any such
> Primer should be country agnostic and not US centric.
> Resources from outside the US (with translations if
> possible) would be welcome :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Beer (iPhone)

These Spreadsheets have been made to demonstrate a technique to quantify the impact of Legislation and Policy on Local (Government) Jurisdictions. This is based solely upon the area (in square meters) of the territory in a given jurisdiction, and not on population.

The examples are Australia and the United States, although as requested, the model is "country agnostic" and can be used for any collection of jurisdictions.  In spite of the language barrier, I managed to translate the areas of the Australian States (Australian Bureau of Statics) all by myself.  I'm proud of that. ;o)

Two spreadsheets and a readme:
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2011/phase/sb.zip

--Gannon