Re: [GLD] Meeting 3 Sep 2010

From: Mike Norton <xsideofparadise@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: rachel.flagg@gsa.gov, michael.hausenblas@deri.org
Cc: "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, public-egov-ig-request@w3.org
mmm, GovGab.  Interesting!
Michael A. Norton

From: "rachel.flagg@gsa.gov" <rachel.flagg@gsa.gov>
To: michael.hausenblas@deri.org
Cc: "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>;
Sent: Tue, September 7, 2010 10:42:50 AM
Subject: Re: [GLD] Meeting 3 Sep 2010

FYI, challenge.gov is now live

This is the new central portal for online challenges put forth by US Federal
Government agencies.

If anyone on this list is from a federal agency and wants to stand up or sponsor
a challenge - this is a possible platform, for your consideration.

Rachel Flagg
Co-Chair, Federal Web Managers Council
Center for Customer Service Excellence
Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies
U.S. General Services Administration
www.WebContent.gov -- Better websites. Better service.

Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Sent by: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org
09/02/2010 06:20 AM  To "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Subject [GLD] Meeting 3 Sep 2010

We will re-start our weekly Government Linked Data [1] telecons now, so we
meet tomorrow, Friday 3 Sep at the usual time 12:00UTC [2].

The idea would be that - rather than trying to do all the demos only
ourselves - we prepare a challenge or something alike that motivates people
to build applications with open PSI data. I have some ideas how to do this
and would like to brainstorm a bit about it.

In this context I'd also like to announce the launch of the LOD Around The
Clock (LATC) project [3], with the primary goal to help people to publish
and consume Linked Data, with a special focus on PSI.

[1] http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo
[3] http://latc-project.eu/

Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre