From: Anke Domscheit-Berg <Anke.Domscheit@microsoft.com>
Subject: AW: International Conference Venues
To: "Daniel Smith" <opened.to@gmail.com>, "Gannon Dick" <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Cc: "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Date: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 3:06 PM

Hi all,

Nice international venue location list at http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/xslt, but I am missing the City of Berlin, Germany - which has already hosted a World Cup and will be hosting another one next summer. Berlin is one of the top 10 conference locations in the world, and sure enough, its one of the coolest places too where everybody likes to come (and to attend conferences). As to the government: it has the charme to be municipality, a State and the seat of the federal government at the same time - all federal levels of government in one place. It's where Eastern and Western world meet and its right in the centre of Europe.

Welcome to Berlin - to whoever wants to organize a conference there :-)
Anke

Anke Domscheit-Berg
Director Government Relations | Innovative Government Regional Lead | Microsoft Deutschland GmbH
Katharina Heinroth Ufer 1, D-10787 Berlin, Germany
Desk:  +49-30-39097-302|  Mobile:  +49-151-589 5 589 9 |  Fax:  +49-30-39097-222
anke.domscheit@microsoft.com |  http://www.microsoft.com