International Conference Venues

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org

More often than not, the Cities which host conferences with
international scope are on the same short list.  Getting on the "short
list" for the Olympics, The World Cup, The Super Bowl, etc. is High Art
for Municipal Governments because success in staging a major event can
be very kind indeed to the Local Economy.

Where the topic of a conference is Government or Governance, a
certain amount of empirical information about the higher levels of
government present is useful to understand regional statistical reports put forth
 at a national level.

The same general XML format used for "My World", "My European Union" can be used to map these "Points of Interest" without swamping you with details.
http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/xslt
I can't tell a Municipality how to land a Super Bowl (Super Bowl XLV February 6, 2011, Fort Worth, TX).  I can congratulate Fort Worth for finding yet another way to annoy Dallas (always fun).  But I have it on reasonably good authority that if you made such a list the National   Football League would sue your socks off, because they must have thought of it first.  Try the Olympics or World Cup now that you have the template ;o)
--Gannon