Re: Recommending publishing data as JSON [in: Publishing Open Government Data]

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 22:09:45 -0500
To: Chris Beer <chris@e-beer.net.au>
Cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Chris Beer <chris@e-beer.net.au> wrote:
> True - should get a mention. Open standard too so no issues there. Example use case would be good too.

I agree. JSON is another good example of a widely deployed web
standard for data (RFC 4627) that really ought to be discussed in the
context of best practices for web access to egov data. Some of the
folks involved in data.gov.uk effort have worked specifically on using
JSON to provide more familiar access to pools of RDF made available at
SPARQL endpoints [1].

"""
For some web developers the need to understand the RDF data model and
associated serializations and query language (SPARQL) has proved a
barrier to adoption of linked data. This project seeks to develop
APIs, data formats and supporting tools to overcome this barrier.
Including, but not limited to, accessing linked data via a
developer-friendly JSON format.
"""

//Ed

[1] http://purl.org/linked-data/api/project