Recommending publishing data as JSON [in: Publishing Open Government Data]

From: Eyal Sela <eyal@isoc.org.il>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:45:53 +0200
To: <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Hello all,

I was wondering why you do not mention JSON as a possible format for
publishing data.

Is it because it might impede progress to publishing RDF?

In my opinion, not mentioning it might cause you to lose audience. Namely,
people who are less familiar with XML, and might think that 'this
document/approach is not for them'.

If indeed you dilatorily do not mention JSON, I'd suggest writing a
paragraph that explains XML's advantages over it, and maybe stating that
throughout the document you will relate to XML, but JSON (And other formats)
are also possible to use.

Best regards,

אייל סלע | מנהל פרויקטים, הועדה הטכנולוגית ומשרד ה-W3C הישראלי | איגוד
האינטרנט הישראלי |  <http://www.isoc.org.il/> www.isoc.org.il |
<http://www.w3c.org.il/> www.w3c.org.il

Eyal Sela | Project Manager, Technology Committee & the Israeli W3C office |
Israel Internet Association (ISOC-IL) | Tel:  >
www.isoc.org.il |  <http://www.w3c.org.il/> www.w3c.org.il