Re: IG future? [was: Re: Environmental LOD [was: Re: New Charter]]

The Common Logic Posse !

Best wishes,

Rick

office: 202-501-9199
cell: 202-557-1604

Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Sent by: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org
11/24/2010 03:54 AM

<vanEngers@uva.nl>
cc
'Thomas Bandholtz' <thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com>, Ed Summers
<ehs@pobox.com>, W3C eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Subject
Re: IG future? [was: Re: Environmental LOD [was: Re: New Charter]]

> As long as we address eGov and are not overtaken again by the LOD
maffia, you
> can count me in.

Interesting. LOD Mafia. Need to add it to my collection. Linked Data
police
[1] is already in it. Any others?

Cheers,
      Michael

[1]
http://richard.cyganiak.de/blog/2009/11/whats-in-a-name-and-the-linked-data-

police/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre

> From: <vanEngers@uva.nl>
> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:46:13 +0000 (GMT)
> To: "josema.alonso@fundacionctic.org" <josema.alonso@fundacionctic.org>,
> "MCrompton@iispartners.com" <MCrompton@iispartners.com>
> Cc: 'Thomas Bandholtz' <thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com>, Ed Summers
> <ehs@pobox.com>, W3C eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
> Subject: RE: IG future? [was: Re: Environmental LOD [was: Re: New
Charter]]

> As long as we address eGov and are not overtaken again by the LOD
maffia, you
> can count me in.
>
> Prof. dr. Tom M. van Engers
> Professor in Legal Knowledge Management
> University of Amsterdam/Faculty of Law
> Leibniz Center for Law
> Kloveniersburgwal 48
> Postbus 1030
> 1000BA Amsterdam
> +31 20 525 3494
> +31 20 525 2179
> www.LeibnizCenter.org
> vanEngers@uva.nl

LOD
> related WG (GLDWG) would be started within this Activity and that the IG
would
> stay somehow. Said that, DO NOT underestimate the time commitment issue
we
> faced (and are still facing), the "willingness meets reality check",
i.e. I
> myself would love this happen but it's VERY tough for me to find the
time
> cycles needed for it...
>
> I have to apologize again as an IG co-Chair for not being as active as I
> should be. My time is really packed of Open Data projects (fortunately,
> should say, in this crisis times) and the lessons learned there proved
so far
> there's *also* strong need for a LOD-focused one.
>
> Cheers,
> Josema.
>

> --
>
> Jose M. Alonso
> Manager, eGovernment and Open Data, CTIC
> co-Chair, eGovernment Interest Group, W3C
> Senior Advisor, W3C Spain
> Parque Científico-Tecnológico
> C/ Ada Byron, 39
> 33203 - Gijón, Asturias, Spain
> tel.: +34 984390616; +34 984291212; fax: +34 984390612
> email: josema.alonso@fundacionctic.org
> twitter: @josemalonso
> http://datos.fundacionctic.org
> http://www.w3.org/eGov/
> Privacy Policy: http://www.fundacionctic.org/privacidad
>

>> To illustrate with the Australian example, have a look at the new
Office of