Re: Geo in RDF (was Re: Censorship?)

From: Boris Villazón Terrazas <bvillazon@fi.upm.es>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:11:37 +0100
To: skw@epimorphics.com
CC: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Hi Stuart

We recently exchanged some emails, thanks to Michael Hausenblas.
However, this is my first post this mailing list.

I only want to point out our ongoing work in the context of the
GeoLinkedData [1], in which  we are working with geospatial data.
Basically, we are using geo:lat/geo:long style of giving position in
WGS84 coordinates. A geospatial resource, for example a geoes:Provincia,
has a geo:geometry, and this geo:geometry consists of a set of
geo:points , and each geo:point consists of geo:lat and geo:long. You
can find a figure describing this at [2].
A specific example, the resource Albacete Provincia at [3].
Also, we have a browser at [4].

I think this is related with the discussion.
We can provide further information regarding the conversion from GML to
RDF we performed.

Best

Boris Villazón-Terrazas

geo: http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#