Re: [dcat] Tomorrow's agenda

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:41:11 +0100
Cc: public-egov-ig IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
To: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for the detailed comments!

Some of them require some discussion and thought. I'm creating issues
for these in the eGov issue tracker:

- What to do about properties that require non-literal values?
- dcat:accessUrl vs. using an URI for the dcat:Distribution instance
- dcat:Distribution and subclasses might be unnecessary

Some other issues I have fixed on the spot, see inline.

On 27 May 2010, at 10:29, Ed Summers wrote:
>> * See
>> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary/Vocabulary_Reference
>> * Review current state
>
> Should the range for dct:license be dct:LicenseDocument (as specified
> in the dcterms vocabulary) instead of rdfs:Resource?

Yes, changed accordingly.

> Also, I was
> wondering if it might be appropriate to use foaf:Document instead of
> rdfs:Resource as the range on the dcat:dataDictionary. We're talking
> about referencing an actual web document (aka information resource)
> right?

Yes, changed.

> Speaking of the linking properties, it appears that the vocab wiki
> page [2] is missing definitions for dcat:dataset, dcat:distribution
> and dcat:record for tying together instances of dcat:Catalog,
> dcat:CatalogRecord and dcat:Distribution?

Yes, an oversight. I added them.

Thanks again,
Richard