Re: egov sweet spots and pain points

Hello all,

First I apologize for missing that last few calls.  I've had some changes to
my commuting schedule that make attendance extremely difficult.  I do very
much appreciate the notes and discussion via the list.

Here are a list of pain points from a social media usage stand point:

1) Records managements (how it should be done and technologies that can
help);
2) Terms of Service with private third party vendors.  (Not sure this is an
appropriate topic for this group);
3) Accessibility (both for disability compliance and a "digit divide"
standpoint);
4) Measurement and evulation methods;
5) Security;
6) Privacy (I believe Dick mention this as an general issue.  Privacy
compliance is practicularly difficult on an international level because of
multiple legal frameworks).

Here are pain points from a policy analyst point of view:

1) Data sharing and interoperability.  It is extremely difficult for
government agencies to share information accross agencies.  I know the
Colorado government is working on interoperability currently, see
http://bit.ly/aGupdi for information, but we still have a lot of work to do.
2) Legacy data and systems.  How do you deal with legacy information?

These are my thoughts.

Thanks,
Brian