Linked Data

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:05:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
CC wrote:
On the demo call today we discussed a couple of technical issues that
impact but are not specific to government.  These are:

1)       That given a data URI, there is no standard way to
programmatically access the metadata about the resource.

Sandro wrote: (can't find the exact quote)
-The RDF model is the only one we (the W3C) have.-

I also looked at the DERI.ORG sitemap extensions.  The explanations were well worth the read.  The potential problem I see with extending sitemap is that it disconnects linked data from it's RDF and (Collection of) Human Readable HTML parts - 1 site=1 Database - and if you had more than one <owl:Thing> to share it could get very complicated.  Therein lies the rub.

For reasons stated here:
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2010/meta/linked-data.pdf
with an example here:
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2010/meta/linked-data.xml
or for the bold:
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2010/meta/linked-data.xsl (on valid XHTML)

I think the complexity is in the nature of meta data and not in the sitemap mechanism.  However, I could really, really really use some feedback from the W3C and deri.org.

--Gannon