No meetings this week; Project group status

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:06:56 -0500
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org

There are no W3C eGov meeting currently scheduled this week.

That's a big change from the past few weeks, so I'll explain.

The initial project signup survey [1] indicated that we had many people
willing to work on these projects.  The last few weeks have shown,
however, that most of them are not choosing to attend conference calls
or participate via the mailing list or wiki.

>From talking about this at the last IG telecon, it seems that most folks
are very busy and will only come forward if there's a well-scoped and
relevant job for them to do.  With that in mind, the plan is now for the
project coordinators and the few people who have come forward to dig in
and make progress, as they can, in the space of each project.  This may
lend enough structure that others will find it easier to engage.

Please feel free to just jump in on the mailing list and wiki, and to
contact the individual coordinators [2] if you would like ideas for how
you can help.  Comments and suggestions on the overall work are welcome
at team-egov-chairs@w3.org.

     -- Sandro   (W3C Staff Contact for eGov IG)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/project-signup/results
[2] http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects