Re: Joint W3C / OMG Open Government Meeting - March 25th @ 1:30pm EDT

From: Dave McAllister <dmcallis@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:19:14 -0800
To: Cory Casanave <cory-c@modeldriven.com>, GovDTF <gov@omg.org>, "OpenGovernment@omg.org" <OpenGovernment@omg.org>, "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>

Wow.  4 face to face a week...

(lol)

On 3/4/10 8:56 AM, "Cory Casanave" <cory-c@modeldriven.com> wrote:

(Note – by mistake this was sent prior to the page links and is being resent)

Both the OMG and W3C have active “eGovernment” groups with somewhat different focus – but there are very common themes of supporting open government and leveraging web technologies for government.  This is an opportunity to collaborate on our common goals.
The OMG meets 4 times a week in face-face meetings.  During this meeting we have an “open government” workgroup meeting of the government task force.  The next meeting is March 25th. We will set up a conference bridge and netmeeting.
The agenda is still in formation, but will include:

 *   Introductions
 *   Overview of OMG Government activities
 *   Overview of W3C Government activities
 *   Collaboration Opportunities
 *   Specific collaboration on open government and linked data

The OMG’s “GovDTF” web page is here: http://gov.omg.org/
The W3C’s eGov page is here: http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Main_Page

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/643866920

Regards,
Cory Casanave
(Note – by mistake this was sent prior to the page links and is being resent)