Joint W3C / OMG Open Government Meeting - March 25th @ 1:30pm EDT

From: Cory Casanave <cory-c@modeldriven.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:53:47 -0500
To: "GovDTF" <gov@omg.org>, <OpenGovernment@omg.org>, <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Both the OMG and W3C have active "eGovernment" groups with somewhat
different focus - but there are very common themes of supporting open
government and leveraging web technologies for government.  This is an
opportunity to collaborate on our common goals.

The OMG meets 4 times a week in face-face meetings.  During this meeting
we have an "open government" workgroup meeting of the government task
force.  The next meeting is March 25th.  We will set up a conference
bridge and netmeeting.

The agenda is still in formation, but will include:

*	Introductions
*	Overview of OMG Government activities
*	Overview of W3C Government activities
*	Collaboration Opportunities
*	Specific collaboration on open government and linked data

The OMG's "GovDTF" web page is here:

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/643866920

Regards,