Re: Data quality management and linked open data resources

Hi Jonathan,

The default license for all information in OpenEI I Creative Commons Zero (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC0_FAQ).  You can see this documented in a notice shown in the site's editing interface for any page (e.g. http://en.openei.org/w/index.php?title=Colorado&action=edit).

As for bulk downloads of data...  We currently offer the following:

 *   "Download CSV" links are present on certain pages (e.g. http://en.openei.org/wiki/Map_of_Clean_Energy_Companies)
 *   A SPARQL endpoint for querying data (http://en.openei.org/sparql), plus a few examples of its use (http://en.openei.org/resources/)
 *   RDF Exports of any given page via the "browse properties" link (e.g. http://en.openei.org/wiki/Special:ExportRDF/Colorado)

We realize that we could be doing more in this area, though.  A few things we're planning to do:

 *   Provide a bulk download of our complete RDF (similar to how one can get complete dbpedia exports)
 *   Provide a better way to find various datasets (and download them in various formats, such as RDF and CSV)
 *   Provide a mechanism for submitting bulk datasets which is separate from, but complementary to, our Wiki)

Thanks for creating the CKAN page, btw!  I'll see what we can add to it.

--Jamey