Re: Org. Namespace Example

You are correct, I should have used org:FormalOrganization (the superset).  As usual with Chaos, the first thing people want to know is: where is it ?  Find the Butterfly and prevent the Tornado (or encourage the Pandemic). The Commerce-Only Model (Butterflies sold here) does not explain the Weather, which is nonetheless "owned" by the Community (or Government).

Meta data has elements, not Weather, Organizations should not take that "personally".  <foaf:Person>I</foaf:Person> recently bought a new Air Conditioner since the "30F for Sale Cheap" sign didn't seem to be working.  Lots of competition from the neighbors in N. Texas :)

Another way to put it might be that the Semantic Web uses agile programming methods to approximate the goal of simplicity in knowledge transfer (minimum number of meta data elements).

--Gannon

On 10-06-23 23:31, Toby Inkster wrote:
> Firstly, bridges and beaches are not typically considered organisations.

Sentient, self-organised bridges and beaches? On second
thought maybe they should be foaf:Person

-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites@okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/