Re: Organization types predicates vs classes

On 06/08/2010 01:21 PM, William Waites wrote:
> On 10-06-08 04:27, Todd Vincent wrote:
>>
>> By adding "OrganizationType" to the Organization data model, you provide
>> the ability to modify the type of organization and can then represent
>> both (legal) entities and (legally unrecognized) organizations.
>
> :foo rdf:type SomeKindOfOrganisation .
>
> vs.
>
> :foo org:organisationType SomeKindOfOrganisation .
>
> I don't really see the need for an extra predicate
> with almost identical semantics to rdf:type. There
> is nothing stopping a subject from having more than
> one type.

Got mixed feelings on this. On one hand, this would work well with
existing code or whatnot. A new prop however offers the ability to limit
the domain, which always guides people to the light and all.

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _

Tel: +30 211-1027-900