I support  http://www.w3.org/egov (lowercase G)

Best regards,
Taofeeq

From: Brian Gryth <briangryth@gmail.com>
To: nousk@aol.com
Cc: sandro@w3.org; public-egov-ig@w3.org
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 9:57:31 AM
Subject: Re: [admin] url for w3c egov site?

+1 lowercase.

Brian

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM, <nousk@aol.com> wrote:

Sandro,

I vote for www.w3c.org/egov

agree on case.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Sent: Mon, Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Subject: [admin] url for w3c egov site?

Someone pointed out recently that the /2007/ in our URLs, like

    http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/
    http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Main_Page
    ... etc

is confusing and unnecessary.  (It comes from a W3C practice that made a
lot more sense when it started in 1998 than it does now.)  I've gotten
approval to remove it.  The old URLs with /2007/ in them will be
redirected, so no links or bookmarks should break.

The question is, whic of these would we prefer:

      http://www.w3.org/eGov     (uppercase G)
or    http://www.w3.org/egov     (lowercase G)

Mixed case URLs tend to be harder to get right, and I don't think people
will misunderstand "egov", so I have a mild preference for the second
option.  Any thoughts?

   -- Sandro