Re: [admin] url for w3c egov site?

From: <nousk@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:34:40 -0500
To: sandro@w3.org, public-egov-ig@w3.org

Sandro,

I vote for www.w3c.org/egov

agree on case.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Sent: Mon, Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Subject: [admin] url for w3c egov site?

omeone pointed out recently that the /2007/ in our URLs, like
    http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/
   http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Main_Page
   ... etc
is confusing and unnecessary.  (It comes from a W3C practice that made a
ot more sense when it started in 1998 than it does now.)  I've gotten
pproval to remove it.  The old URLs with /2007/ in them will be
edirected, so no links or bookmarks should break.
The question is, whic of these would we prefer:
      http://www.w3.org/eGov     (uppercase G)
r    http://www.w3.org/egov     (lowercase G)
Mixed case URLs tend to be harder to get right, and I don't think people
ill misunderstand "egov", so I have a mild preference for the second
ption.  Any thoughts?
   -- Sandro