Re: [admin] url for w3c egov site?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:27:23 -0500
To: "Hugh Barnes" <Hugh.Barnes@nehta.gov.au>
cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org

> >       http://www.w3.org/eGov     (uppercase G)
> > or    http://www.w3.org/egov     (lowercase G)
> >
> > Mixed case URLs tend to be harder to get right, and I don't
> > think people will misunderstand "egov", so I have a mild
> > preference for the second option.  Any thoughts?
> >

> I'm shocked. Do sites really still operate with case-sensitive paths? I
> suggest a 303 redirect from the mixed case form if the server can't be
> globally reconfigured. Either way, lowercase should be the canonical
> form.

Yeah, I should have said that if people use the wrong case, the server
will redirect to correct it.  My question was only about which one to
have as the canonical path.

(w3.org is has some fairly dusty corners, built up over the last 15+
years, but a *few* modern conveniences are available.  :-)

   -- Sandro