Re: Universal distributed open government data catalog?

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 18:59, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:

> My personal opinion is that a key ingredient to making this happen is
> to publish dataset availability and metadata using a syndicated feed
> (Atom and/or RSS).

I have implemented the RDF metadata on opengov.se now. All data is in
swedish but you get the idea if you look at an individual dataset:

http://www.opengov.se/data/42/

...and its RDF representation (based on dublin core terms):

http://www.opengov.se/data/42/rdf/

I have also made sure an Atom feed contains all datasets (with a link
element to the RDF representations in each entry element) here:

http://www.opengov.se/feeds/data/

Please note that the feed contains datasets that are not (yet) open.
Some may have a commercial license and may not be available on the
web.

Regards,

Peter