Re: [okfn-help] Fwd: Universal distributed open government data catalog?

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:29:27 +0100
To: rufus.pollock@okfn.org
Cc: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray@okfn.org>, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>, OKFN Help <okfn-help@lists.okfn.org>, eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 13:14, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock@okfn.org> wrote:

> Peter: I know we're already in contact regarding CKAN and
> opengov-catalog stuff. Using an Atom-based format like the one you
> outline above might be a good wayt to start pushing and pulling info
> between the two systems?

Let's try it out! The only thing that differs I guess is that the
opengov catalogs will contain datasets that are not (yet) considered
open and that we need a way to distinguish those from the pure ones
that CKAN is interested in. So license type may be a key area to agree
on.

In earlier discussions I have been thinking about a process model
where opengov-catalogs highlight datasets and discussion around those
in order to make them open (and transferable to CKAN).

As soon as I manage to find some more VoiD examples for simple
datasets in our use case it should be fairly straigtforward. Are there
VoiD people here that could provide some pointers?

Regards,

Peter