Re: Catalog software to maintain/display OWL vocabularies...

Thanks Niklas for pointing out these resources.

As someone involved in more or less all of them (beside Jeni's blog,
obviously ;) I'd like to use this opportunity to give some updates and
clarifications:

> I think the form of such a repository could be exposed as a
> void:Dataset [1], with its dynamics (updates) expressed using e.g.
> Atom feeds. See dady [2] (DatasetDynamics) for building upon voiD [3]
> to express such data syndication/synchronization
> (notification/update).

Indeed. For a start I'd suggest people look at the voiD overview [1] and the
voiD guide [2]. Further we are currently working on voiD 2.0 [3], which we
intent to submit to W3C as a member submission.

Regarding dataset dynamics, we are working on a vocabulary [4] and a first
demo is available [5] as well. This is rather premature work, though a
couple of people seem to be interested and have gathered in a respective
working group [6].

> For vocabulary publishing tools, I suggest examining e.g. Neologism
> [4]. It's built on Drupal, seems to use clean, reliable and
> *non-tool-dependent* URI:s. A prime example of it in action is voiD
> itself (with representations available as HTML, RDF, N3 and a
> diagram).

Right. We are about to release a new version of Neologism very soon and
happy to keep you posted.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://semanticweb.org/wiki/VoiD