From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Steven Clift
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:36 PM
To: eGovIG IG
Subject: PublicMeetings.Info - Drafting this weekend

Hey all, the Internet is about "just in time delivery" right?

Thank you for your your prior input on the idea of drafting an open
standard for public meeting agendas. I've picked up some modest Ford
Foundation funding to explore the idea further and while jumping ahead
a bit in terms of my timeline to seek long-term funding to fully
launch the idea, we made it to round two of the Knight News Challenge.

So, tomorrow (Sunday) E-Democracy.org will be submitting our round two
Knight News Challenge proposal on liberating public meeting agendas
from obscurity.

I invite you to join our online working group if you would like to get
involved:
http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/publicmeetings

For emerging details or to comment on the draft in development on our wiki,
see:
http://publicmeetings.info

Also, of note, Jon Udell and I shared a session at CityCamp -
http://e-democracy.org/citycamp - last weekend where he presented on
his "ElmCity" project - http://blog.jonudell.net/elmcity-project-faq/
- I am definitely looking for example of where governments are
currently putting out basic public meeting notices using the iCal
standard to help inform our explorations.

--
Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
 Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org