Dear All

I would like to express my appreciation for the new directions for the eGov IG. I am afraid that I have not been very active, largely due to my heavy workload this past year. My interest is in development and social media, and I have worked on ICT projects in Latin America and the Caribbean. I blog on these issue on CommGap at present, a World Bank blog and this is a subject that I am quite passionate about. I was recently invited to participate in an UN expert panel on e-government assessment framework and will also be publishing a chapter in a book about e-government soon. I would like to involve more development agencies in the excellent work that this group is doing. There are two aspects to the use of social media and governance. One is technical, and the other is policy. I am interested in policy. We can perhaps either have two subgroups, one on policy and one on technical aspects with two chairs, or we could have two co-chairs. In either case, I would like to propose myself as the policy chair for the Social Media eGov Task Force.

Best
Tanya

Tanya Gupta
Corporate Planning & Analysis
Corporate Finance and Risk Management Vice Presidency
The World Bank
202-458-8252 (O), 202-614-0866 (Fax)

Inactive hide details for Michael Hausenblas ---12/17/2010 02:51:19 AM---All, I like Ed's approach regarding the new eGov IG. MMichael Hausenblas ---12/17/2010 02:51:19 AM---All, I like Ed's approach regarding the new eGov IG. Maybe the following model

Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>

W3C eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, <team-egov@w3.org>

12/17/2010 02:51 AM

Proposal to structure new eGov IG (was: Re: eGov at W3C: Next Steps.)

Sent by:

public-egov-ig-request@w3.org

All,

I like Ed's approach regarding the new eGov IG. Maybe the following model
could work:

The eGov IG has X Task Forces (TF) and an equal number of co-chairs, that
is, for example, if we settle on 4 TF, there would be 4 co-chairs. I think
there is no need to do IG-wide telecons or F2F meetings besides TPAC or a
alike. Each Task Force is dedicated to a certain topic. I propose - based on
the current eGov IG charter draft - the following topics and chairs (hence
team-egov@w3 in CC):

1. eGov Interoperability TF
Deals with standards and best-practices from other bodies, including
IETF/OASIS/etc., which could also address the 'data dynamics' bits set out
by Ed.

Chair: I nominate Ed Summers (if Ed can't, maybe someone from SEMIC.EU?)

2. eGov Accessibility TF
Working together with WAI groups, this TF connects government people with
WAI resources and develops best practices for Accessibility in PSI.

Chair: ?

3. eGov Social Media TF
Develops best practices for using social media platforms in PSI, incl.
Twitter, FB, etc.

Chair: ?

4. eGov Cloud Computing TF
Provides overview on available CC offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), including
hybrid CC setups and cost/benefits and best practices.

Chair: (not sure if I can nominate myself, but ...) I nominate myself.

Cheers,
     Michael

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow