The LocalLabs online group now open - For technical exchange

From: Steven Clift <clift@e-democracy.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:47:02 -0500
To: sunlightlabs <sunlightlabs@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "mySociety public, general purpose discussion list" <developers-public@lists.mysociety.org>, TransparencyCamp <transparencycamp@googlegroups.com>, poliparse@googlegroups.com, open-government@lists.okfn.org, munigov@googlegroups.com, eGovIG IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, public-media-camp <public-media-camp@googlegroups.com>
Last year I queried the Sunlight Labs group and others to see if there
was interest in a decidedly technical/uber geek exchange among those
active with transparency, participation, and Gov 2.0 at the _ local _
level.

The answer that came back was a resounding yes.

Then CityCamp happened and the online group for that unconference took
on a life of its own and our attention. That exchange -
http://e-democracy.org/citycamp - is far more policy-oriented and is
firmly established.

To now encourage unfettered critical mass technical exchange, we now
figure it is time to bring the 173 member LocalLabs group to life.

So, for those who code, scrape, design, etc. AND you care about things
local, have at it:

    http://e-democracy.org/locallabs

Introductions so far:

   http://forums.e-democracy.org/r/topic/648FBj9lIxIUj3zdfIHhkf

Cheers,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org

P.S. We've supported this year of specialized "next generation online
civic engagement" convening with support from the Ford Foundation
through our Participation 3.0 effort. We have one other final online
group that opened recently - the very international Digital Inclusion
Network (now with 318 members): http://e-democracy.org/di

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org
  Follow me - http://twitter.com/democracy