Data catalog metadata models

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:35:50 +0200
To: Luigi Montanez <luigi.montanez@gmail.com>, Antti Poikola <antti.poikola@gmail.com>, eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Cc: CKAN discuss <ckan-discuss@lists.okfn.org>
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 19:49, Luigi Montanez <luigi.montanez@gmail.com> wrote:

> . Here at Sunlight Labs in the US, we've been thinking about this very problem too.

With the announcement of the dcat vocabulary driven by DERI I suggest
that we tro to use that as a starting point:

http://vocab.deri.ie/dcat-overview

They seem to have done a fair but of research about common attributes
and they also try to re-use as much as possible from existing
vocabularies. This is a great starting point. I will try to map
opengov.sedatasets to dcat and see how it works.

Regards,

Peter Krantz
opengov.se