Re: Publishing process experiences

Rachel Flagg writes:
> We agreed that all future documents should be developed and edited in
> the group wiki - to keep track of editors and versioning.  Sandro is
> researching a wysiwyg editor to make the wiki easier to use, and will
> report back to the group with his findings.

I didn't understand it as a "decision" exactly, but everyone I heard
speak about it at the meeting expressed support.  It was mentioned that
some people had had difficulty with the wiki, and I'd like to understand
that and see if we can address it.

There's a list of WYSIWYG editing solutions for mediawiki here (none of
which are considered to be totally awesome):

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WYSIWYG_editor

...and so far, I'd say the first one looks pretty good.  There's a
demo/sandbox page you can try it with here:

    http://mediawiki.fckeditor.net/index.php/Sandbox

Can people give it a try?  If folks like it, I can probably get this
feature installed on our wiki, too.  I was impressed that I was able to
edit a table, and the right mouse button provided a pop-up menu.  (I
know, my bar is pretty low for web-based applications.)

    -- Sandro