intro (and blogging about Gov 2.0 Summit)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:06:46 -0400
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
I never got around to introducing myself, when I should have, a few
weeks ago, as the new W3C Staff Contact for this Interest Group.

The short version is that for many years I've been a software developer
(of the unix hacker variety), drawn to developing decentralized social
software (and the standards which such software requires).  For the last
ten years or so, I've been working mostly with Semantic Web
technologies, because I think they probably offer the best long-term
functionality for Web-scale data sharing.  I've been the staff contact
for the OWL (Web Ontology Language) and RIF (Rule Interchange Format)
Working Groups for some years.  I'm hardly an expert in all Web
technologies (is that possible for a human?), but I do try to stay
fairly current, where I can.

Friday I wrote a blog post briefly reiterating my sense of the Semantic
Web vision, and my sense of Government's role it, coming out of the
Gov2.0 summit last week in Washington.  That should serve as more
thorough intro, and perhaps some interesting reading, if you like.

  http://decentralyze.com/2009/09/11/linked-government-data/

   -- Sandro