Re: open declaration on EU public services 2.0

Yes, Jose, I understand there is only so much that any of us as individual
"outsiders" can do.  However, in many cases, I believe we fail to do that
which *is* within our power ... because it is easier just to "speak our
minds" (or "vote") within our various in-groups and leave it at that.

One of the primary purposes of the emerging StratML standard is to enable
those who have common interests (goals and objectives) to more easily
discover each other and work together more effectively in pursuit of those
objectives.

It would be good if those who believe strongly in this issue were to be
thinking about and documenting on the Web (preferably in a standard format
like StratML) the next "steps" (objectives) that can be taken, beyond
publishing the declaration and seeking endorsements, to make progress toward
realization of the desired outcomes.

For example, are there any plans to have voters in each jurisdiction ask
their candidates for elective office not only to endorse the declaration but
also to pledge to work toward its implementation, if elected?  Any plans to
try to engage the news media in asking the candidates for their views on the
declaration?  To try to engage these folks as partners in the effort --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Newspaper_Publishers_Association &
http://europeandigitalmediaassociation.org/ -- as well as others?

Needless to say, to the degree that any such plan(s) may emerge, I will be
happy to document it (them) in StratML format.

BTW, if EDiMA has a strategic plan, I'd like to include it in the StratML
collection.

Owen