Re: OpenJurist, semantic web/linked data

Sam,

The following is the information I was telling you about.  You maybe aware
of some of the information, but I thought I'd include more rather than
less.  If you know of any of this information, please disregard.

The ABA SCOTUS page is available at
http://www.abanet.org/publiced/preview/home.html.  If you look at the bottom
right of the page the ABA provides links to briefs back to 2003-2004 term.
(Not a long time, but it is something).  Oyez is another source for briefs
in some cases.  If provided, they appear below the audio recordings of the
oral arguments.  Findlaw also has in Case and Code search at
http://www.findlaw.com/casecode/.

Out of curiousity, I ran a Google Scholar query for "privacy" against all
legal journals and opinions which returned the following result
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_q=Privacy&num=10&btnG=Search+Scholar&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_occt=any&as_sauthors=&as_publication=&as_ylo=&as_yhi=&as_sdt=2&as_sdts=5&hl=en
If you look to the fourth result or Roe v Wade, it appears that scholar
pulls back 6 versions of the Wade decision.  Here is the URL to the
resource/versions page for Roe v Wade,
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=12334123945835207673&hl=en&as_sdt=2002.
It appears that Google has in fact scanned and OCRed the case law
reporters.  The Roe v Wade results also cites supreme.justica.com,
bulk.resourse.org, and law.cornell.edu as other sources for the
opinion.    I also did a search for "privacy" in Colorado cases and it
appears that Google has scanned and OCRed the reports for state case law.
(An impressive effort if true!)

Hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if I can be of help in
the future.

Thanks,
Brian

--