Re: Defining "Open" Data (was RE: no F2F3 in 2009 -- Re: Agenda, eGov IG Call, 11 Nov 2009)

The Open Knowledge Definition aims to give a definition of the 'open'
in 'open data':

  http://opendefinition.org/

Functionally, it is a bit like the definitions for Free/Open Source
software - providing criteria for determining which licenses, legal
tools and terms and conditions make the material they are applied to
'open'. It covers everything from the UK Click Use PSI License to some
(but not all) of the Creative Commons licenses.

Is this of interest?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator