Re: Defining "Open" Data (was RE: no F2F3 in 2009 -- Re: Agenda, eGov IG Call, 11 Nov 2009)

From: Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) <manos@abiss.gr>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:27:28 +0200
To: Todd Vincent <todd.vincent@xmllegal.org>
CC: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, "prof. dr. Tom M. van Engers" <vanengers@uva.nl>, peter.krantz@gmail.com, david osimo <david.osimo@gmail.com>, Jose Manuel Alonso <josema.alonso@fundacionctic.org>, eGovIG IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Todd Vincent wrote:
> This is an interesting topic.

Very true, but not all possible aspects are within scope here.

As a citizen, I'm certainly interested in social and practical openness,
   meaning information accessible by all and for any possible use when
talking about government data. Tech-wise though, we mostly mean easy to
use in the context of heterogeneous systems etc.

Of course, I'm sure many would be interested in ways "open" in the
technical sense may be directed in such a way as to produce social
(side?) effects.

Oh well.
--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist