Re: no F2F3 in 2009 -- Re: Agenda, eGov IG Call, 11 Nov 2009

Jose, all
I will be in Malmo and happy to debrief. It looks like open data will
be a key focus, not only in our Open Declaration but also in the
official statements.

The recent Visby conference on EU ICT policy gave good priority to
open data. Hans Rosling of Gapminder was keynote speaker.
http://www.se2009.eu/en/meetings_news/2009/11/9/visby_agenda_creating_impact_for_an_eunion_2015

The conclusions of the presidency (the most important document) state
that
10. EU member states and community institutions should seek to make
data freely accessible in open machine-readable formats, for the
benefit of entrepreneurship, research and transparency.
11. Access to and reuse of public sector information and data should
be improved among EU Member States. The domains of data targeted by
the Directive on the re-use of public sector information should be
enlarged.

Document attached
Best
david

 > This is our e-government EU strategy, let's make it better! Please
endorse the open EU declaration on public services 2.0 www.endorsetheopendeclaration.eu

david.osimo@gmail.com
skype, twitter: osimod
http://egov20.wordpress.com