RE: charter and publication wrt W3C Process

On the issue of which standards .gov agencies are using and not using, for
the U.S. federal Executive Branch agencies the annual A-119/NTTAA reports
are supposed to provide such data, via
http://standards.gov/standards_gov/index.cfm  However, (why are we not
surprised) that data is not in readily shareable, reusable format.  See the
annual reports at
https://standards.gov/NTTAA/agency/index.cfm?fuseaction=NTTAAReports.main

Automating the A-119/NTTAA reporting process on a real-time basis is among
the proposed enhancements to the ET.gov site/process for which resources
have been lacking.  See desirable enhancements 6.4 and 7 toward the bottom
of the "page" at http://et.gov/history/enhancementrequirements.htm

Of course, too, part of the problem is that the metadata about standards
themselves is not in readily referenceable format, which is the part of the
problem I wish the eGov IG could help to resolve.

Owen Ambur
Co-Chair Emeritus, xmlCoP
Co-Chair, AIIM StratML Committee
Member, AIIM iECM Committee
Invited Expert, W3C eGov IG
Communications/Membership Director, FIRM Board
Former Project Manager, ET.gov