Re: adding the OKD to OGS section -- Re: Group Note -- content and sections outline

We've also been discussing these issues with various people involved
in Principles for Open Government Data. I think it would be wonderful
if we could allude to the OKD to emphasise and clarify that 'open
government data' should be 'open' in the sense that it allows, e.g.,
commercial re-use, derivative works, and so on.

This has advantages over advocating specific licenses or advocating PD
dedication or legislative exemption from copyright (like US Federal
government material) - as well as accounting for existing systems like
UK Crown Copyright 'Click Use' licenses (which are OKD compliant). It
is also includes content (that could be subject to copyright) as well
as data (which can fall under other related rights, like EU Database
Directive).

Re: specific textual additions, what about:

"Open government data should be 'open' as in the Open Knowledge
Definition (http://www.opendefinition.org) - i.e. free for anyone to
access, re-use and re-distribute."

Warm regards,

Jonathan