RE: Group Note FPWD is done

Hello Owen,

I agree with you and disagree at the same time :-)

I think it is an issue of balance:

It is completely unfeasible to predefine all the semantics that you need
and persuade everyone to follow the derived specs.

At the same time, it is feasible to create a minimum of common language,
a thin semantic layer to avoid huge integration effort later. Which
means that I personally buy the slogan "Little semantics goes a long
way" (Jim Hendler, as far as I know).

This is in my opinion how the (semantic) web is evolving (see Dublic
Core, SKOS, FOAF, SIOC as examples). Small specs that people can easily
buy and use instead of heavy ontologies where you need PhDs to implement
(e.g. Cyc, DOLCE, OWL-S, WSMO).

Best regards,

Vassilios